Friday, April 1, 2011

thoughts going into the Crossroads of Indiana Half Marathon

the more i think about it, the more uneasy im getting. ive had a pretty hard week of training, but i havnt really tapered for any of my last few races, so its nothing new. i just feel tired. luckly i have a friend (David Tkac) coming along for his first half marathon(which isnt a big deal by itself, but its one of only 3 races hes ever run, and the other two were more than a year ago), so thatll make the going much easier, knowing that other people are more screwed than you is comforting. i dont care who you are or what youre doing, as long as other people are worse off, everything is fine. at the same time, hes excitement and nerves should help me to remember why i love doing this to myself so much. plus, in the back of my head ive been wondering what kind of runners are gona show up to this thing: a top 5 place is definitely something to help motivate me, however my number one goal is to run 1:25 or faster. judging by my 1:29 in the crazy wind and slight hills of Delavan, a perfectly smooth and covered course should yield a 1:25 or better without too much luck.
i took an ice bath today and i hoping it helps a bit: my right foot has been bothering me some after runs for a few weeks now, but it wasnt until last night that it hurt while running. maybe im just actually getting nervous for this one.

my light plyo workout from last night:
>1 mile w/ 1 lb handweights
>3 rounds w/1 min rest in between: 6 alternating single leg depth jumps, 6 split jumps, 6 burpees

depending on how things go in Lowell this weekend, i may very well be running a sub-3 marathon attempt in a week in southern Indiana. -if things go wrong, then another half marathon might be a better option, but for now, i got this race is less than 33 hours and thats as far as i should be trying to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment