Tuesday, February 1, 2011

push-pull 100's

i got a great workout last night with a good friend of mine thats also a personal trainer. its great to have someone that i can talk physiology with! the time in the sauna passed really quickly as we caught up, and he even joined me running in place for the last few minutes before he bailed and ran to the sink to try to cool off. while we were at NPTI (National Personal Training Institute), he always said that he would love to have me train him someday. he just knows how much i love it, and its almost impossible for me not to get people results when all i think about fitness and program design for most of my waking hours. so he joined me for my lifting*, although he couldnt resist taking a drink after we got out of the sauna. -when i lift after the sauna, i never hydrate during the workout, i feel it helps make the lifting more stressful (in a good way) for my heart. plus the water tastes that much better when im done. usually when you drink water, its because your mouth feels dry or because you know its good for you, but when you do a workout like this i swear you can feel the water giving you life as it goes down. amazing.

>20 mins running in sauna
>100 reps bench press
>100 rows

*and a note about the two of us working out: its pretty funny to see becasue hes a 5'10", 240 pound, MMA fighter, and im a 5'6", 125 pound, distance runner. -we've been compared to George and Lennie (from Of Mice and Men) more than once...

1 comment:

  1. I think I had the opposite workout:
    5.6 miles in the blizzard at 12:30 in the morning. Fun, but not as bad as the time we ran the 5 mile loop in the whiteout.

    ReplyDelete