Sunday, February 6, 2011

possibly the greatest perk of training like i do

besides recovering from Windburn in about 36 hours, my training gives me something that most runners cant even imagine. im running a 5k on february 20th! and i expect to win.
since im virtually always at high intensity during my training, i could physiologically run a PR for two completely different races (ie: a 6-hour and a 5k -or even something as short as a 100-200 meter because of my lifting!) within a very short amount of time. the problem is that the 5k im running is going to be on a horse track, and its looking like its going be covered in snow and slush. so a true PR for this one isnt looking too good, but a win is a win, so thats what im going for.
my training for the 5k will be NO different than its has been for the ultras, other than the fact that i wont be taking the two days before the race off. i dont plan on taking any light/recovery days to prep for the race on the 20th, im treating it like a short, explosive workout.
ill be posting a video interview in the next few days with my thoughts about going out of ultras for the next few months, or maybe even the next two years. also, itll have some random thoughts about my training so far and where its going in the next few months.

another workout, from last night:
>15mins running in sauna with middle 5mins of 30:30 split jumps (30 seconds of split jumps, 30 seconds of running)
>10-20-10-8-6-1, narrow-stance back squat (first 10 to loosen up, then going up in weight each set)
>100 bent over rows
>water. thank god.
...my butt is so dead today

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your notes today!

    Running in the sauna? Heat training, I'm assuming? Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kind of. but im still running in the snow. im really just training my blood to move faster through my body. theres a bit of an explanation on my "current training endeavors" page.
    thanks for the page-to-page reply!

    ReplyDelete