Tuesday, January 25, 2011

another quick workout

although i have a lot of faith in my training style/ program design, its insane that i expect 20-25 minute workouts to prepare my body for 6 hours of pounding.
in place of short repeats, i chose instead to do a sauna workout and another endurance set (of 100-200 reps) on some important running muscles. after a warm up, i did 5 sets split jumps, then a 5 min cool down (which is kind of a misnomer since im sure i was hyperthemic by then). since my hip flexors have been the limiting factor for me during my last two runs over 20 miles, i figured they could use a day, so GHD situps again, but 100 instead of 50.
anyway, here it is:
>5 min (jogging)WU in sauna
>5 min of 30sec split jumps: 30sec jogging in place
>5 min (jogging)CD in sauna
>100 GHD situps (again, if you need to see what these are, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufaa41nkIP8)
if youve never worked out in a sauna, try it, you can read about the idea behind training in heat on my "current training endeavors" page.

No comments:

Post a Comment