Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Brief Thoughts Going Into The Devil Mountain 50 Miler

I'm not allowing myself to think into this race too much. Beyond the plan to enjoy a good day in the mountains and run below last year's Course Record (9:51:09), and preferably run sub-9 hours, I really don't have much of a plan.
It's gona be my last real race until December, so I want an honest effort out of myself. But my right foot has been bothering me since the American Heroes Run earlier this month, so I don't want to push the injury past the breaking point and lose winter training miles. However, I have been training as usual through the pain, but at this point it's been fairly constant -a stinging feeling from the base of my big toe up my arch.
No matter what happens it's looking like it should be a great day in the mountains.

And I've already had some great miles checking out the aspens this year:
Rob Cobb, thanks for the pic -I lost my camera cable and can't get my own up

No comments:

Post a Comment