Saturday, March 19, 2011

the Lisle Chamber Spring Sprint 10k

perfectly awful splits (im pretty sure every mile was slower than the previous one, except the last one maybe). i just felt awful after going out a bit too fast in the first two miles. the competition was great although i quickly realised that a PR there was near impossible. there were somewhere between ten and fifteen 90 degree turns on each 5k lap. sometime before the third mile my stomach was letting me know that Roctane for a 10k is a bit strange, but before the 5th mile it settled down.
i cant say too much more about this one without more complaining and excuses, but overall as i look back at it and look forward the half marathon this coming weekend, im content with how it turned out
thrid place overall and a 6:05 mile average. a minute slower than my PR for 10k, but a decent day.
just short report for this one, but ill have alot more to say about the half marathon in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. How was the race?

    Yesterday afternoon I ran a surprisingly technical trail (my legs are all cut up now) for longer than I normally would run on roads, so I was worried about this morning's 800s. But it actually went well, I did 2:31, 2:33, 2:34 and 2:36. Not a bad range considering my first lap of the first one was a 1:12...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way, that photographer put up that picture of you at the finish... although you did get a few others I think...

    http://lisle.patch.com/articles/spring-sprint#photo-5250867

    ReplyDelete